Field Service Technician
We have an immediate position available for a Field Service Technician. Previous experience in a similar field is desirable but not absolutely necessary. We are willing to invest and provide technical training to an otherwise strong and promising candidate.
- Primary duties include installation, maintenance & repair of end-of-line industrial packaging equipment including stretch wrap & strapping machinery
- Troubleshoot equipment problems to determine root causes
- Advise client on repair/replacement options and costs
- Responsible for developing and maintaining strong relationships as a “trusted advisor” and problem solver with customer’s operations, maintenance and management staff
- Follow all safety regulations and procedures while working in-shop or at customer facilities
Our key service objectives:
- Maintain safe equipment operation,
- Minimize customer downtime,
- Maximize equipment productivity & effectiveness,
- Manage maintenance costs
- High School Diploma or General Education Degree (GED)
- Positive attitude & personality
- Able to work both autonomously and as part of a team
- Logical thinker & problem solver
- Demonstrated mechanical aptitude
- Superior interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to remain focused and work effectively under pressure
- Comfortable with computers and technology
- Hold a Class G Ontario drivers license with clean driving abstract
- Rotating “on-call” coverage for after-hours emergency service
- Ability to work occasional scheduled & unscheduled overtime as required
- Physical fitness level consistent with job requirement
- Willingness to work in various conditions – ie. hot, cold, humid, at-heights, etc.
- Experience with mechanical & electrical troubleshooting and repair
- Familiar with industrial automation (PLC controllers, motors & drives, sensors & field devices)
- Competitive wage (based on skill level) with strong growth potential
- Generous company health benefits package
- Employer provided service vehicle
Interested in becoming a valued member of a tight-knit, multi-disciplinary team of technicians and engineers?
Submit your resume in confidence to email@example.com.