PPI’s engineering department provides customers with professional engineering support so they can safely and effectively operate their industrial packaging equipment.
Our professional engineers (PEng’s) are insured, licensed by the Association of Professional Engineers of Ontario (PEO) and hold a Certificate of Authorization (CofA) to provide professional engineering services to the public.
A few of the services we provide our clients…
- Pre-Start Health and Safety Reviews (PSHSR’s / PSR’s).
- Assistance complying with Ministry of Labour (MOL) orders.
- Risk and Hazard Assessments.
- Safety Reviews of Standard Operating Procedures.
- Safety system & guarding designs/retrofits (e-stop circuits, light curtains, fixed &
interlocked guarding, etc).
- Technical and Safety Standard References:
- CSA Z-432 Safeguarding of machinery
- CSA Z-434 Industrial robots and robot systems
- CSA Z-460 Control of hazardous energy
- CSA Z-462 Workplace electrical safety standard (arcflash)
- NFPA 70E Standard for electrical safety in the workplace (arcflash)
- ISO 13854 Minimum gaps to avoid crushing of parts of the human body
Occupational Health and Safety Act R.R.O. 1990, REGULATION 851 INDUSTRIAL ESTABLISHMENTS
Guidelines for Pre-Start Health: How to Apply Section 7 of the Regulation for Industrial Establishments
Professional Engineers Providing Reports for Pre-Start Health and Safety Reviews